Crispy Edge Blueberry Pancakes
In Deadly Secrets from Pond Island, Vanessa savors blueberry pancakes while dining with
someone who she's not sure is a friend or foe. These pancakes with crispy edges are sure to
make your day sweeter, regardless of who you're dining with. Make them and post a picture for me on www.Facebook.com/AuthorOliviaRaymond
1 cup all-purpose flour
¼ cup white sugar (you can add less if you desire)
1 tablespoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup milk, at room temperature
1 egg, at room temperature
1 tablespoon oil
1 cup blueberries*
2 teaspoons oil, or as needed
1. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a bowl; make a hole in the center of the
dry mixture. Pour milk, egg, and 1 tablespoon oil into the center. Mix well.
2. Fold blueberries into mixture.
3. Place a skillet over medium-high heat; sprinkle a few drops of water onto the skillet. If the droplets sizzle, the skillet is ready; add 2 teaspoons oil. Take care not to burn your oil.
4. Spoon batter onto the skillet; cook until bubbles form and the edges are dry, 3 to 5 minutes. Flip and cook until browned on the other side, 3 to 5 more minutes. Repeat with remaining batter.
5. Pour your maple syrup into a small saucepan on low heat while the pancakes are browning. Once warmed, pour the syrup into a gravy boat and serve with your pancakes.
*You may substitute in bananas, chocolate chips, or other ingredient of your choice.
Photo 55589814 / Recipe © Cleardesign